Introduction to Therapy for you plus others:
I am a licensed Clinical Psychologist and Psychoanalyst trained in a wide range of therapy approaches which includes individual, couples, family, and organizational approaches.
I can help you decide what approach best fits your expectations and hopes about changing your life.
Couples seek therapy for one of three reasons:
- You may be committed to working on improving your relationship. I use the powerfully efficient and effective method called PACT (Psychobiologic Approach to Couples Therapy). Click this link to learn more about PACT.)
- You may be undecided about whether to stay together: we can set up a consultation together to help you frame the “right” questions.
- If you’ve decided (or close to it) to separate (maybe even divorce, which is an additional step), and would like to do so amicably, see Divorce.
- I use a family-system approach. Thus, I work with teens, parents, and any or all members of your family, in any combination; whether or not you are in a ‘traditional’ relationship.
- I’ve worked with many same-sex couples as well as with those in domestic partnerships.
- All of us belong to groups in almost every aspect of our lives.
- Join a therapy process group to practice ‘here and now’ experiencing, how you become aware of what you feel, and how you respond to others.
- You may struggle with work issues in your organization and are seeking personal coaching. eg. how to deal with a difficult boss or co-worker.
- You may be focused on a more process-change intervention at any level in your organization’s system.