MEET DR. JOY
Experience and Tools: a 4-field integration:
I do this work using my trainings, experiences, and various tools integrating a background from 4 specific fields: Journalism, Clinical Psychology, Divorce Mediation/ Coaching, and Organizational Psychology:With my depth and breadth of experience over 4 decades, I can tailor how we work together to meet your individual needs. Each field has honed my expertise:
- ”observational listening,” from a ‘detailed inquiry’ perspective, since my college journalism days.
- through my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and as an Associate Adjust Professor, I learned to teach and supervise graduate students by starting where the learner was emotionally. Then we educate by adding the cognitive aspects of information.
- I started off in Developmental Psychology, so I also have a strong background in how children develop emotionally and cognitively.
- to coaching those who plan to separate and/or divorce.
- finally to an organizational context where processes among people have a ‘forest’ view in addition to individual ‘trees’. I’ve worked in business and organizational settings, so understand how a separation/divorce can effect your work life.